This issue is caused when two DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files not registering with the Windows operating system during the installation. These files can be registered manually with reinstalling the software.
- Log on to your computer as an Administrator. If you are already logged on as an administrator, close all open applications and proceed to number 2.
- Click [Start] - [Run...].
- In the Open box, type "cmd", and then click [OK].
- At the command prompt, type the following lines pressing [Enter] after each line.
D: (where "D" is the letter of the drive on which Windows is installed)
cd program files\common files\system\ole db
- Click [OK] when you receive the message indicating that the operation succeeded.
- Type "exit" to close [the command prompt] window.