Follow the steps below.
STEP A: Verify you can print from your Windows® computer.
Check if you can print to the printer chosen in the Status Monitor from your computer.
If you can print, go to STEP B.
If you cannot print, click here to see information to solve the issue of being unable to print.
STEP B: Verify the Status Monitor is displaying or monitoring the correct Brother machine.
The Status Monitor cannot display the correct information if the proper driver is not configured in the "Device to Monitor" or "Device to Display" setting of the Status Monitor. Locate the proper printer driver and verify the device settings of the Status Monitor by doing the following steps below.
Step I: Locate the proper printer driver.
Click here to see how to locate the proper printer driver to use, and then go to Step II.
Step II: Verify the "Device to Monitor" setting.
- Right click the Status Monitor on the tasktray, and then click Device to Monitor.
- The installed Brother machine's drivers will be listed. If you multiple Brother Machines or installed the driver multiple times, the multiple drivers will be listed.
Check the drivers you are using, and uncheck the drivers found not being used in STEP B-I.
- Click OK. You will get immediate notification of errors such as paper empty, paper jam or ink empty.
If you checked one driver only in Step 2, go to STEP C.
If you checked multiple drivers in Step 2 to monitor more than one Brother Machine, you can select which machine's status is displayed at times other than when errors occur. Go to Step III.
Step III: Verify the "Device to Display" setting.
- Right click the Status Monitor on the tasktray, and then click Device to Display.
- Choose the driver of the machine of which you want to display the status (such as Ready, Offline) at times other than when errors occur.
- Click OK. Make sure the machine selected in Step 2 is turned on, and then go to STEP C.
STEP C: Verify the status displayed on the Status Monitor.
Check the status displayed on the Status Monitor.
If "Offline" is still displayed, restart the Status Monitor and check the status again. If "Offline" is still displayed, go to STEP D.
STEP D: Re-install the Status Monitor
The Status Monitor application program may have the problems.
Download the Full Driver & Software Package, which contains the Status Monitor, from the Downloads section and re-install it. Click here to see how to download the Full Driver & Software Package from the Downloads section.