To solve the problems, please see the following points:
- Place your document face up, top edge first in the ADF (automatic document feeder) until you feel it touch the feed roller and the LCD screen changes.
- Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your document.
- Ensure the ADF cover is firmly closed.
- Check the paper thickness. If it's thick, use the scanner glass to fax, copy or scan.
- Make sure the paper is straight. If the paper is curled, straighten it.
- Check the document size and if it's small, use the scanner glass to fax, copy or scan.
- Take out any paper from the ADF. Open the ADF cover and check if there is any jammed paper inside.