Step 1: Formatting the Printer Hard Disc and Enabling the Job Log Feature
Having installed the optional HD-6G/HD-EX or Compact Flash memory into the printer, you must ensure that the printer is configured to save job data. If you do not configure this option, job data will not be recorded and it will be impossible to analyze printing costs. However, before you do that, make sure that the HD-6G/HD-EX or Compact Flash memory is formatted.
Formatting the HD-6G/HD-EX or Compact Flash Memory
- Press the '+' or '-' keys until you see 'SETUP' on the LCD.
- When 'SETUP' is displayed, press the 'SET' button.
- Press the '+' or '-' keys until you see 'DELETE STORAGE' on the LCD panel.
- Press the 'SET' button
- Press the '+' or '-' keys until you see 'FORMAT (CF)' or 'XXXXX' if you are using the HD-6G/HD-EX
- Press the 'SET' button twice to format the memory.
- Press the 'Go' button to put the printer back on line.
Enabling the Job Log Feature
Having formatted the HD-6G/EX/Compact Flash memory, now you must ensure that the printer is configured to record the job accounting data. To do this, launch your web browser and connect to the printer. The printer homepage should display an icon indicating that the HDD or Compact Flash memory is installed. If you do not see any icon, make sure that you have formatted the HDD/Compact Flash memory.