"Check Paper" will normally appear on your Brother machine's LCD if the machine is out of paper or if the paper is not properly loaded in the paper tray. Before going any further, verify that there is paper loaded in the paper tray. Please note that the paper tray is designed to hold up to 100 sheets of 20 lb. paper.
If there is paper loaded in your Brother machine's paper tray and the LCD reads "Check Paper," please follow these steps:
- Remove all paper from the Brother machine's paper tray.
- Confirm that the paper is not curled, wrinkled or ripped, and does not have staples, paper clips or tape attached.
You should NOT attempt to print on cardboard, newspaper or fabric using your Brother machine.
- Fan the paper well and gently re-insert it into the paper tray. Make sure the bottom of the paper is resting on the bottom of the paper tray.
- There is a paper guide located on the right side of the paper tray. Press and slide this paper guide to fit the width of the paper you are using.
- Press the Black(Mono) Start key. Your Brother machine should now resume printing.
If "Check Paper" continues to appear on the display, please contact the Brother office in your country.