You can set your fax machine to do two types of easy dialing: One Touch Dialing and Speed Dialing. If you lose electrical power, auto-dial numbers stored in memory will not be lost.
You can store Speed Dial locations on your machine(*). Once you have programmed the Speed Dial number on your machine, you can dial the number by pressing Search/Speed Dial
(Pound Sign), the Speed Dial number, and then Fax Start
*The number of locations you can store varies by machines. Please refer to the User's Guide for your machine. The latest User's Guide is available in the Manuals section.
To store Speed Dial numbers follow the steps listed below:
- Press Menu.
- Press the left or right arrow key to select Fax and press Set.
- Press the left or right arrow key to select Set Auto Dial or Set Quick Dial, and press Set.
- Press the left or right arrow key to select Speed-Dial and press Set.
- Use the dial pad to enter the location (Speed Dial number) where you wish to store the number and press Set.
- Enter the number you want to store (up to 20 digits) and press Set.
If you want to enter a pause in the dialing sequence (to wait for an outside line, for example), press Redial/Pause as you're entering digits. Pressing Redial/Pause enters a 3.5-second pause when the number is dialed, and a dash appears on the screen. If you need a pause longer than 3.5 seconds you can press Redial/Pause as many times as needed.
- Use the dial pad to enter the name or company name (up to 15 characters) and press Set.
If you want to store the number without a name, just press Set.
- Return to STEP 5 to store another Speed Dial number or press Stop/Exit to exit the menu.
If you try to store a One Touch or Speed Dial number in a location where a number has already been stored, the screen displays the name or number currently stored there, then prompts you to either - "1. CHANGE" or "2. EXIT".
- Press 1 to change the number stored, or press 2 to exit without making a change.
- Enter a new number and press Set.
- If you want to erase the whole number, press Clear when the cursor is to the left of the digits. Everything above and to the right of the cursor is deleted.
- If you want to change a digit, use the left or right arrow key to position the cursor under the digit you want to change, then type over it.
- Follow the instructions from STEP 7 under "Storing One Touch Dial Numbers" or "Storing Speed Dial Numbers".