Broadcasting is automatically sending the same fax message to multiple fax numbers. You can include Groups, One-Touch locations, Speed Dial locations, and up to 50 manually dialed numbers in a single broadcast. If you did not use any One-Touch or Speed Dial numbers for Groups, credit numbers, or access codes, you can Broadcast to up to 258 different numbers. To broadcast a fax, please follow these instructions:
- If it is not illuminated, press the FAX key.
- Place the document you will be faxing face up in the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder).
- Enter the fax numbers to which you want to broadcast. This step will vary depending on whether or not you already have the numbers stored Speed Dial or One-Touch locations or if you are manually dialing the fax numbers:
- If you are entering a One-Touch number (or if you have stored a Group on a One-Touch location and want to include it in the broadcast), press the One-Touch key where you have stored the number. Press OK and enter another number or go to Step 4.
- If you are entering a Speed Dial number (or if you have stored a Group on a Speed Dial location and want to include in in the broadcast), press the SEARCH/ SPEED DIAL key where you have stored the number. Press OK and enter another number go to Step 4.
- If you are manually dialing the number, then enter the number using the dial pad. Be sure to include 1 plus the area code and/or a pause if needed. Press OK and enter another number go to Step 4.
After you have entered all the fax numbers you want to transmit to, press the START key. Your Brother machine will scan the document into memory and begin sending the information to each fax number you entered.
After your Brother machine has finished dialing all the fax numbers you entered, it will automatically print a Broadcast Report. This report will list each number that was dialed, the date and duration of the transmission, the number of pages sent, and whether or not the transmission was successful.
- If a fax number is busy, the Brother machine will redial the number automatically. If there is no response from a fax number, the Brother machine will not redial it.
- The available memory will vary depending on the types of jobs in memory and the number of locations used in the Broadcast. If you Broadcast to the maximum numbers available, you will not be able to use Dual Access or Delayed Faxing.
- If the memory is full, press STOP/ EXIT to abort the job, or press START to send the portion of the fax that is in memory (if more than one page has been scanned).