For users of Citrix® MetaFrame®, Windows® Terminal Server environments and other Windows NT 4.0® and Windows® 2000 network shared environments, we recommend the use of our Brother Generic Drivers. These drivers can be used on any Brother monochrome laser printer/multi-function product that supports PCL5e or PCL6.
- Have a simpler user interface than a standard Brother driver
- Use less bandwidth than standard Brother drivers.
- Do not include all the driver features you would expect from a standard Brother Windows driver.
For example, the Generic drivers do not include:
- Graphical user interface
- Poster Printing capabilities
- Manual 2-Sided(Duplex) Printing capabilities
- HQ1200 Printing capabilities
If your Brother printer/multifunction device supports these features and you wish to use them, please download the appropriate standard Windows® driver.
The Generic driver download file contains three printer drivers, which must be installed using the "Add Printer Wizard". If you have several different printer products, click here and see what printer driver should be installed for each product.
- Brother PCL5e Driver:
Use this driver if your Brother product supports PCL5e or PCL6. This driver supports a maximum print resolution of 600 x 600 dpi and supports up to 2 paper input trays and only 1 paper output tray.
- Brother PCL5e Generic Driver:
Use this driver if your Brother product supports PCL5e or PCL6. This driver supports a maximum print resolution of 600 x 600 dpi and supports up to 4 paper input trays and up to 10 paper output trays.(Mailbox)