Reducing the print resolution will reduce ink consumption. However please note that the print quality will not be as sharp.
*To change the print resolution,
For Windows® Users:
- For Windows® 2000 users:
Click Start -> Settings -> Printers.
For Windows® XP users:
Click Start -> Printers and Faxes.
For Windows Vista™ users:
Click Start-> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound-> Printers
- Right click the printer icon and select Printing Preference.
- Click the Advanced tab and choose the color icon.
- In the Color/Grayscale section, verify that grayscale is selected when printing a black and white document. If color is selected, ink is wasted unnecessarily.
- Click Apply -> OK.
For Mac OS® X Users:
- Select Print Settings from the print box.
- Select Grayscale at Color/Grayscale section.