Observe the following precautions when using embroidery data other than that created and saved in this machine.
When using embroidery data other than our original patterns, the thread or needle may break when sewing with a stitch density that is too fine or when sewing three or more overlapping stitches. In that case, use one of our embroidery software programs to edit the embroidery data.
- Types of Embroidery Data That Can Be Used
Only .pes and .dst embroidery data files can be used with this machine. Using data other than that saved using one of our embroidery software programs or sewing machines may cause the embroidery machine to malfunction.
- Types of USB Media That Can Be Used
Embroidery data can be retrieved from a USB flash drive (USB flash memory) of any size.
- Only a USB flash drive (USB flash memory) can be connected to the USB port on this machine.
- Some USB media may not be compatible with this machine. Visit our website for more details.
- When using USB media equipped with an access indicator, the access indicator will begin flashing after the media is inserted into your computer or machine, and may take about 5 to 6 seconds before the media is recognized. (The length of time differs depending on the USB media.)
- For additional information, refer to the instruction manual included with the USB media that you have purchased.
Letters and numerals can be used in folder names and file names. In addition, if the folder or file name contains no more than eight characters, the entire name will appear on the screen. If the name is more than eight characters long, only the first six characters followed by “~” and a number appear as the name. This applies to folders and .dst embroidery data files only.
- Precautions on Using the Computer To Create and Save Data
To retrieve embroidery patterns from folders on the USB media, it is necessary that the program version in your machine is Ver1.10 or later.
If the program version in your machine is Ver1.00, go to the downloads page to get the update software, and then update your machine to improve your machine's feature.
- Tajima (.dst) Embroidery Data
- When a .dst file is imported, the only way that you can view the design is by selecting the pattern (file name).
Then press (Retrieve key) to display the design on the screen.
- Since Tajima (.dst) data does not contain specific thread color information, it is displayed with our default thread color sequence.
Check the preview and change the thread colors as desired.