There are several things that can be checked that could cause the fabric not to feed.
- Check the stitch length to see if it is set at no feeding (0), if so, reset the stitch length to between 2 and 3.
- Check your needle is not damaged. Insert a new needle; making sure the flat side of the needle is toward the back.
- Check to see if the thread is tangled.
Unthread the machine, remove the bobbin from the bobbin case, clean underneath the needle plate of any lint or loose threads and rethread the unit completely.
One Point Advice When thread got tangled.
- The combination of needle size, thread size and fabric is incorrect.
Be sure to use the correct needle and thread size for the fabric you are sewing.
(Example: Denim-size 16 needle and 40-50 heavy duty thread)
One Point Advice Combination of fabric, thread and needle
- Check to see if the feed dogs are up. The feed dogs are up and will help guide the fabric.
- Be sure that the darning plate is not installed on the needle plate.