Follow these steps below to open the Status Monitor.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system, and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
For Windows® Users
If you see the "Status Monitor" icon in the task tray, double-click the icon.
For Windows® 7 or later Users:
If you find the button on the taskbar, click button and check if the "Status Monitor" icon is showing.
If you do not see it, follow the steps below to start Status Monitor.
For Windows® 2000/ Windows® XP/ Windows Vista®/ Windows® 7 Users:
Click or Start (at the lower left corner of the screen) => (All) Programs => Brother => XXX-XXXX (your model name) => Status Monitor. The Status Monitor window will open and also the "Status Monitor" icon will be in the task tray.
For Windows® 8 Users: (if applicable*)
*: Click here to see the operating systems compatibility information.
On the Start screen, click .
If is not on the Start screen, right-click somewhere on an empty spot (1), and then click, All Apps from the bar (2).
- Click Brother Utilities.
- Choose Tools and then click Status Monitor.
The Status Monitor window will open and also the "Status Monitor" icon will be in the task tray.
For Macintosh Users
For Mac OS X 10.5 Users:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu, choose Print & Fax, then choose the machine.
- Click Open Print Queue, then click Utility.
For Mac OS X 10.6 or later Users:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu, choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners, then choose the machine.
- Click Open Print Queue, then click Printer Setup or Settings. Choose the Utility tab and click Open Printer Utility.