The massage "No Response/Busy" on your Brother machine indicates that the number you attempted to send to was busy or did not respond to your incoming fax.
This error will appear if your Brother machine does not have a dial tone.
- Press the Hook key or Speaker Phone key to verify whether your Brother machine has a dial tone.
* If your Brother machine does not have any of the above keys but it does have a Tel/R key, you can check for a dial tone by connecting an external phone to the jack (socket) labeled EXT.
- Make sure your telephone line connections are correct.
- One end of the telephone cord must be connected to the jack labeled LINE on the Brother machine.
- Make sure the telephone cord is not connected to your Brother machine's EXT jack.
- If you are using a standard, analog telephone line, the other end of the telephone cord must be connected to a wall telephone jack.
- If you are using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP), the other end of the telephone cord may be connected to a modem, interface box, phone adapter, splitter, etc. This is determined by your VoIP provider.
- Press the Hook key or Speaker Phone key again.
- If the machine has a dial tone, try to send the fax again.
If the "No Response/Busy" message reappears when you try to send a fax, click here.
- If your machine still does not have a dial tone, do one of the following:
If you are using an analog telephone line, click here.
If you are using VoIP, please contact your VoIP provider for further assistance.
The problem may also be related to the fax numbers you're attempting to send to.
We recommend you contact the other party and verify that they are not having issues with their fax machine or phone line.
- If the other party indicates they are not experiencing problems, the problem may be a temporary phone company issue.
Try sending the fax at another time of day.