Please make sure that your Brother machine is ON and it is correctly connected to your computer by the USB cable.
If the Full Driver & Software Packages downloaded from the "Download" section was installed into your computer with the built-in driver already installed, the TWAIN driver was not installed. Since ControlCenter3 uses the TWAIN driver when scanning, this error occurs. Please go to Step 1 to check if the TWAIN driver is installed correctly.
- The built-in driver is included with Windows® 7 and installed automatically by connecting your machine to the Windows® 7 computer via the USB interface. The built-in driver is also called "Inbox driver".
- TWAIN driver makes the scanner compatible with any TWAIN-supporting software.
Step 1: How to check if the TWAIN driver is installed correctly
- Make sure that your Brother machine is ON and it is correctly connected to your computer by the USB cable.
- Click Start => Control Panel => Hardware and Sound => Device Manager.
- Click Imaging devices. Right-click your Brother machine and select Properties.
- Click Driver tab and Driver Details button.
- Check if the C:\\Windows\TWAIN_32\BrMfSc09b folder exists.
Even if you use Windows® 7 64-bit, check for the C:\\Windows\TWAIN_32\BrMfSc09b folder.
- If you do not see this folder, the TWAIN driver is not installed. To install the TWAIN driver, you need to uninstall the Full Driver & Software Packages and reinstall them. Please go to Step 2.
- If you see the folder, the TWAIN driver is installed correctly. It is thought the error arises from other causes. Please refer to other "FAQs & Troubleshooting" or contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Step 2: How to uninstall and reinstall the Full Driver & Software Packages
- Click Start => All Programs => Brother => xxxx (where xxxx = your model name) => Uninstall and follow the instructions on screen.
- After completing the uninstall process, please make sure you disconnect the USB cable between your machine and computer.
- Click the link below to download and reinstall the latest "Full Driver & Software Packages".
- Full Driver & Software Packages for "32-bit"
- Full Driver & Software Packages for "64-bit"