The Scan to File feature allows you to scan a document and automatically save it into a specified location on your computer using ControlCenter2 in PDF format.
Follow the instructions below to configure and use the Scan to File feature.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
STEP A: Configure the Scan to File feature
- Open the ControlCenter. (Click here to see the details of how to start ControlCenter2.)
- Click on Configuration -> SCAN -> File.
- The Scan to File configuration window will appear, and click the Software Button tab.
The Software Button tab configures the Scan to File button within the ControlCenter software interface.
- You can configure the following properties:
This is where you can change the format that the file will be saved in. Please choose PDF(*.pdf) to scan and save the data in PDF format.
This is where you specify the location where the file will be saved. You may also select "Show Save As window" if you wish to be prompted each scan for the destination location to save the file.
This is how sharp an image will be based on the dots per inch scanned (DPI). The higher the DPI the clearer the image will be, however the scan time and document size will increase.
This is the color scan option. The higher the color quality selected the longer the scan job will take to complete and the larger the file size will be.
Set the size of the document being scanned.
Adjust the setting (-50 to 50) to obtain the best image. The default value is 0, representing an average. You can set the level by dragging the slide bar to the right or left to lighten or darken the image respectively for the setting.
You can increase or decrease the contrast level by moving the slide bar to the left or right. You can also type a value in the box for the setting. An increase emphasizes dark and light areas of the image, while a decrease reveals more detail in gray areas.
Show Scanner Interface:
Check this box if you want to pre-scan the document and crop a portion of the page before completing the scan.
- Once you have configured each setting click OK. All subsequent scans will use these settings.
STEP B: Use the Scan to File feature from the ControlCenter
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab. If you want to change the scan settings, please refer to "STEP A: Configure the Scan to File feature".
- Click File. The image will be saved in the folder you have chosen in the settings window for Scan to File.