Recommended ink type
- Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic ink or refill their Brother ink cartridges. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability since the ink formulation in genuine Brother ink cartridges prevents smearing and clogging of the print head. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that was caused by the use of unauthorized third party ink and/or cartridges.
> Brother Genuine Supplies information
- Print quality is also affected by the type and brand of paper used as well as the selected print or copy resolution. In order to achieve optimum print quality, Brother Paper is recommended, but other brands may work as well depending on the type of document you are printing.
Proper paper handling after page has been printed
- After the photo has finished printing, remove the photo immediately from the machine and place on flat surface to dry for 24 hours. Do not allow additional printed documents lay on top of the photo while in the machines paper output tray.
- Do not place anything on top of the photo until after 24 hours. This can cause the picture not to dry properly.
- Do not place a photo in a photo album or a picture frame until after 24 hours. This can cause the picture not to dry properly.