Please follow these steps below to load media in the machine's manual feed slot.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
You can load envelopes, labels, thicker paper, and other special print media into the manual feed slot one at a time.
- Slide the paper guides to fit the media you want to use.
- Use both hands to put one sheet of paper into the manual feed slot until you feel it touch the roller.
- Insert the paper into the manual feed slot with the print side face up.
- Let go of the paper when you feel the machine automatically feed it slightly into the slot.
- Make sure that the paper is straight and centered in the manual feed slot. If it is not, the paper may jam or the printout may be skewed.
- Do not put more than one envelope or sheet of paper into the manual feed slot at once. Inserting more than one sheet into the manual feed slot may cause a paper jam.
- To easily remove a small printout from the output tray, use both hands to lift the machine's scanner cover as shown below.
- You can still use the machine while the scanner cover is open.
- To close the scanner cover, push it down with both hands.