The USB port is located inside the machine.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Using both hands, use the plastic tabs on both sides of the machine to lift the scanner cover until it locks securely into the open position.
- Insert the USB cable into the USB port marked with a USB symbol. You will find the USB port inside the machine on the right as shown below.
- Carefully route the USB cable through the trench and out the back of the machine as shown below and connect it to your computer.
- DO NOT connect the machine to a USB port on a keyboard or a non-powered USB hub. Brother recommends that you connect the machine directly to your computer.
- Make sure that the cable does not restrict the cover from closing, or an error may occur.