This is typically caused by an incorrect selection made during the LCD prompting after a cartridge is replaced or the lock release lever did not snap securely over the ink cartridge when installing. Do the following to clear the message:
- After all the correct selections are made, the machine will then go into a cleaning cycle.
If the LCD displays "No Cartridge", there is a possibility that ink cartridges other than ones you replaced are empty. Follow steps below to check the ink volume. If there are empty ink cartridges, please replace them.
- Press Ink or Ink Management.
* If your Brother machine does not have the Ink or Ink Management key on the control panel, please press Menu. Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Ink or Ink Management, and then press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Ink Volume.
- The LCD shows the ink volume.
Press the Up or Down arrow key to select the color (colour) you want to check.
- Press Stop/Exit.
If the message "No Cartridge" does not disappear, unplug the machine from the AC power outlet and wait approximately 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. If the date and time appear on the display, the issue is resolved.