Setting the Sleep Time reduces power consumption by turning off the fuser inside the Brother machine when the machine is idle. You can choose how long the Brother machine is idle before it goes into Sleep Mode. The Sleep Mode timer is automatically reset when the Brother machine receives PC data or makes a copy. The factory setting is 05 minutes.
While the Brother machine is in Sleep Mode, you will see "Sleep" on the LCD. If you try to print or copy in Sleep Mode, there will be a short delay while the fuser warms up to working temperature.
To adjust the Sleep Mode setting, follow these steps:
- Press Menu, 1 (General Setup), 6 (Ecology), 2 (Sleep Time).
- Do one of the following:
- Use the keys on the dial pad enter the number of minutes the machine is idle before it enters Sleep Mode.
You can enter 00 to 99.
- To turn Sleep Mode off, follow these steps:
- Press the START and OPTIONS keys simultaneously.
The LCD will read "Sleep Mode: On."
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Off.
- Go to STEP 3.
- Press the OK key.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.