Documents can also be printed directly from other applications installed on your mobile device using Brother iPrint&Scan. For example, you can print photos that are attached to email messages from your mobile device.
The following file formats are supported:
- Microsoft® Word (DOC/DOCX)
- Microsoft® Excel® (XLS/XLSX)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® (PPT/PPTX)
- Images (JPEG/PNG/GIF/BMP)
- Password-protected documents cannot be printed.
- Some encrypted PDF files cannot be printed.
- When printing a PDF file that uses fonts that are not embedded in the file, characters may be replaced with charactersof a different font or may be garbled.
- When printing a PDF that includes transparent objects, the transparency setting will be ignored and the file will beprinted with that setting off.
NOTE: Illustrations and instructions may vary depending on the version of the application you are using. We recommend you use the latest version to take advantage of all the features supported.
- Use the desired application to select the file that you want to print, and share the file with Brother iPrint&Scan. For example, in some applications you can share the file by tapping the share icon . If the list of applications appears, choose Brother iPrint&Scan. A print preview is displayed.
When the license agreement screen appears, carefully read and accept the terms of the agreement to continue.
- Confirm the image on the print preview screen.
Tap the screen to hide or show the operation buttons. You can view different pages by tapping or .
- Tap .
- Make sure your machine is selected. The machine that is selected for the Wi-Fi connection is displayed under Printer. The machine that is selected for the Bluetooth connection is displayed under Bluetooth Printer. If a different machine is selected or if No Device selected is displayed, make sure your machine is turned on and then tap Printer or Bluetooth Printer.
- The list of available machines appears. Tap your machine from the list.
- You may change any of the print settings as desired. Once the settings have been configured, or if you do not want to change any settings, press the Back button and continue to STEP 7.
- Do one of the following:
- To print a PDF, Microsoft® Office document or text, tap Print this to print the displayed page, or tap Print all to print all pages of the document.
- To print photos, tap Print.
The machine will start printing.