This problem occurs if the image quality between your computer and the scanner unit don't keep balanced or a foreign object such as a paper clip or ripped paper is in the scanner.
Please follow the steps below to solve the problem.
- Check the document feed slot and make sure that the slot is clear. There could be staples, paper clips, or chips of correction fluid lodged in the feed slot. If foreign objects were found, remove from the machine.
- Calibrate your scanner to balance the image quality between your computer and the scanner. Click here to see the instructions on how to calibrate the scanner.
- If scan quality is improved after you calibrate your scanner, the problem is solved.
- If scan quality is not improved after you calibrate your scanner, go to STEP 3.
- The scanner should be calibrated periodically for best scanning results.
- Please calibrate your scanner when you switch the computer.
- Clean the scanner. Click here to see the instructions on how to clean the scanner.
- Once you finish cleaning the scanner, please calibrate your scanner again to get the best possible results. Click here to see the instructions on how to calibrate the scanner.
If the image quality of the scanned image cannot be improved, the scanner may need repair or replacement. Please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".