There can be several causes for this issue:
- The machine is sending or receiving a fax.
- The machine is operating a function.
- The machine has some type of error.
- PC-FAX receive software is active.
To solve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Click Finish to close the error message "RS 005-xx" or "RS 006-xx" on the display.
- Do the following:
- If the machine is sending or receiving a fax, wait until the job is completed.
- If the machine is operating a function, press the Stop key on the control panel of the machine to exit the menu.
- If the machine has some type of error, clear the error.
- If PC-FAX receive software is active, close it.
- Run Remote Setup again. Remote Setup should now operate correctly.
If the issue continues, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us ".