Broadcasting is automatically sending the same fax message to multiple fax numbers. You can include Groups, One-Touch locations, Speed Dial locations, and up to 50 manually dialed numbers in a single broadcast. Please note that this feature is not available for sending faxes in color. To broadcast a fax, please follow these instructions:
After your Brother machine has finished dialing all the fax numbers you entered, it will automatically print a Broadcast Report. This report will list each number that was dialed, the date and duration of the transmission, the number of pages sent, and whether or not the transmission was successful.
- If it is not illuminated in green, press the Fax key.
- Place the document you will be faxing in the Automatic Document Feeder(ADF).
If your Brother machine has flat bed scanner glass, you can also place the document you will be faxing on the flat bed scanner glass.
Enter the fax numbers to which you want to broadcast. This step will vary depending on whether or not you already have the numbers in question stored on the machine as either Speed Dial or One-Touch locations, or if you are manually dialing the fax numbers:
- If you are entering a Speed Dial number (or if you have stored a Group on a Speed Dial location and wish to include it in the broadcast), press Search/Speed Dial, # (Pound Sign), then the three digits on the dial pad corresponding to the Speed Dial location where the number is stored. Press Menu/Set to prepare the machine to accept another number, or go to STEP 4.
- If you are entering a One-Touch number (or if you have stored a Group on a One-Touch location and wish to include it in the broadcast), then simply press the One-Touch key where you have stored the number. Press Menu/Set to prepare the machine to accept another number, or go to STEP 4.
- If you are manually dialing the number, then enter the number using the dial pad. Be sure to include 1 plus the area code and/or a pause if needed. Press Menu/Set to prepare the machine to accept another number, or go to STEP 4.
- After you have entered all the fax numbers you want to transmit to, press the Start key. Your Brother machine machine will scan the document into memory and begin sending the information to each fax number you entered.
Here are a couple of points to keep in mind:
- If a particular number is busy, the fax unit will redial the number automatically. If there is no response from a particular number, the fax machine will not redial it.
- The available memory will vary depending on the types of jobs in memory and the number of locations used in the Broadcast. If you broadcast to the maximum numbers available, you will not be able to use Dual Access or Delayed Faxing.
- If the memory is full, press Stop/Exit to abort the job, or press Start to send the portion of the fax that is in memory (if more than one page has been scanned).