Follow the procedure below to replace the belt unit.
Do NOT use flammable substances near the machine. Do NOT use any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
- DO NOT touch the surface of the belt unit. If you touch it, it could degrade print quality.
- Damage caused by improper handling of the belt unit may void your warranty.
- Turn off the machine' power switch. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
- Release the gray lock lever (1) that is on the left side of the machine. Lift the front of the drum unit and pull the drum unit completely out of the machine using the green handles on the drum unit.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Hold the handles of drum unit when you carry it. DO NOT hold the sides of the drum unit.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold the green parts of the belt unit with both hands and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out.
We recommend that you put the belt unit on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Unpack the new belt unit, and remove the protective cover and paper.
- Put the new belt unit in the machine. Match the arrow mark on the belt unit to the arrow mark on the machine. Push down on the green area of the belt unit to lock it in place.
- Put the drum unit back in the machine as follows.
- Make sure that the gray lock lever (1) is in the up position and put the drum unit in the machine. Push down the gray lock lever (1).
When you put the drum unit in the machine, match the green guides (1) of the drum unit handle to the green arrows (2) on both sides of the machine.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
When you replace the belt unit with a new one, you need to reset the belt unit counter by completing the following steps:
- Turn the machine's power switch back on.
- Press Menu => Machine Info. => Reset Menu.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Belt Unit.
- Press OK.
- Press 1 to reset the belt unit counter.
- Press Stop/Exit.