Please follow the steps below to install the driver and add your Brother machine to the Macintosh.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system, and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
STEP 1: Install the BR-Script3 printer driver
- Turn off and unplug your Brother machine from the AC outlet, and disconnect it from your Macintosh if you already connected an interface cable.
- Download the latest BR-Script3 printer driver. Click the link below to go to the Downloads section:
- Download for Mac OS X 10.4
- Once downloaded, the Disk Image will be mounted on your Desktop and the installer will start automatically.
If the installer does not start, double click the downloaded disk image file named "xxxxxxx.dmg" to mount the Disk Image on your Desktop, and then double click the installer package icon named "xxxxxxx.pkg" or "xxxxxxx.mpkg".
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will see the message "The software was successfully installed." when the BR-Script3 printer driver installation is complete. To add your Brother machine to the Macintosh, continue to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Add your Brother machine to the Macintosh
- If you use a wired network, connect the network interface cable to your machine, and then connect it to a free port on your hub.
- Plug the AC power cord into an AC outlet. Turn on your Brother machine.
- Choose Applications from the Go menu.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Double click the Printer Setup Utility icon.
- Click Add.
- Click the IP Printer icon which is located at the top of the dialog box, and choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD from the Protocol list.
- Enter the TCP/IP address of the machine into the Address box.
When specifying the Queue, use the value "BRNxxxxxxxxxxxx_AT", which is described in the Active services on the Network Configuration list. Click here to see the details of how to print the Network Configuration list.
- Make sure that Brother is in the Print Using pop-up menu, and then choose Brother XXXXXXX BR-Script3, and click Add. (Where XXXXXXX is your machine name.) The machine is now available in the Printer List.
- Choose Quit Printer Setup Utility from the Printer Setup Utility menu. The setup is now complete.