When Fax Storage is set to On, a copy of all received faxes are stored in the memory, thus using up a % of the memory available for other functions.
The Fax Storage feature is utilized for Fax Forwarding, Fax Paging and Remote Retrieval. If you do not need these features, verify Fax Storage is set to Off by doing the following:
Press the Menu key.
- Press thearrow key until FAX appears on the LCD and press Set.
- Press the arrow key until REMOTE FAX OPT appears and then press Set.
- Pressthe arrow key until FAX STORAGE and then press Set.
- Check the setting. The display will read ON or OFF. If the setting is ON, press the arrow key until the display reads OFF.
- Press Set.
- If you have faxes stored in the memory, you will receive a message that reads Erase all fax? 1. Yes 2. No. If you want to erase all the faxes in the memory without printing them out, press 1 (Yes) and then press Stop/Exit.