The USB controller program not being updated may cause this. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions below:
For Windows® XP (not updated with any Service Packs):
Click here to visit the Microsoft's web site and install the latest Service Pack of Windows® XP.
For Windows® XP SP1/ SP2/ SP3 users:
- Right click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the Hardware tab and then click on Device Manager.
- Click on the + of "Universal Serial Bus controllers" to expand it.
- Right click on Enhanced Host Controller and select Properties.
- Click on the Driver tab and then click on Driver Details.
- Select C://WINDOWS/system32/drivers/usbehci.sys in the list and confirm its file version.
-If it is "5.1.2600.41", follow the steps below.
-If not, there may be another cause. Continue to check "FAQ & Troubleshooting" for other possible solutions.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click on Update Driver.
- The hardware update wizard will appear. Select Install the software automatically and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Repeat Step 1 to 6 and make sure that the file version is "5.1.2600.1106".