Calibration helps you to improve the color density.
The instruction varies depending on what kind of the printer driver you are using.
Follow the appropriate instructions for your printer driver and Operation System (OS).
Perform the calibration from the printer driver or using the status monitor
For Windows® Users:
- Open Printing Preferences. (Click here to see the details of how to open Printing Preferences.)
- Open the Advanced tab and click the "Other Print Options".
- Choose "Color Calibration" in the Printer Function.
- Click "Start Color Calibration" in the Color Calibration.
The machine attempts to get the latest color calibration data from your machine.
- Make sure that the checkbox for "Use Calibration Data" is checked. Click OK.
Now the latest color calibration data is effective.
For Macintosh Users:
- Open the "System Preferences".
- Click the "Print & Fax" or "Print & Scan" icon.
- Choose your machine model name.
- Click the "Open Print Queue" button.
(The screens on your computer may vary depending on your operating system.)
- Click the "Utility" icon in the top menu.
(For Mac OS X 10.6 or later Users: Click Printer Setup or Settings. Choose the Utility tab then click OpenPrinter Utility. )
Now the status monitor is turned on.
- Go to the menu bar, click "Control" => "Color Calibration".
- Color Calibration dialogue appears. Read the message and click OK.
The machine starts color calibration and then the printer driver attempt to get the calibration data from the machine.
Perform the calibration from the control panel of the machine
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose "Printer". Press OK.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose "Calibration". Press OK.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose "Calibrate". Press OK.
- Press 1 key to choose "Yes".