Perform the following procedure to charge the rechargeable Ni-MH battery.
- Charge the rechargeable Ni-MH battery immediately after purchase using the following procedure.
- Up to 120 minutes is needed to fully charge a rechargeable Ni-MH battery. About 70 pages can be printed when using a new, fully-charged rechargeable;Ni-MH battery.
- Install the rechargeable Ni-MH battery in the printer.
- Use the AC adapter and AC power cord to connect the printer to an AC power outlet, or use the DC cable to connect the printer to a DC power outlet.
- Make sure that the printer is turned off.
- Press and hold the (Power) button for a few seconds until the POWER indicator begins to blink in green and orange.
- While the POWER indicator is blinking in green and orange, the battery is being refreshed.
- The rechargeable Ni-MH battery may be charged without being refreshed, determining how frequently the Ni-MH battery is refreshed in the setting in PJ-600 Series Utility. To download and install it, click the "Downloads" tab in the top left corner of this page.
- If there is still a considerable amount of charge in the rechargeable Ni-MH battery, it may not be refreshed.
- While the rechargeable Ni-MH battery is being refreshed, press and hold the(Power) button to stop refreshing the battery and begin charging it.
- After the rechargeable Ni-MH battery has been refreshed, charging begins automatically.
The POWER indicator blinks in green until charging is complete.
When charging is complete, the POWER indicator turns off.
Stopping Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery Charging
To stop rechargeable Ni-MH battery from charging, press the (Power) button quickly two times.